Monday, February 2, 2015

Letter #22 02/02/15

"I have a million dramatic, cheesy and just plain terrible subjects I've thought of for this email"

We're going to start a thing called, "Mom asks me a lot of questions, so let me take a short second here to answer them."

Q: How is your investigator N doing? Is she still on track for baptism this month?
A: She is still alive, still reading the Book of Mormon, continually suffering from what the doctor diagnosed as pneumonia, which directly translates to 'satan hates happy people and will do anything to deter one's gospel progress'. Because of said pneumonia, we didn't get to teach her at all this week and she didn't get to come to church. #boo. BUT she will be baptized. It's not really a matter of if, but when. We took her some soup and chatted about her reading, it's really neat to see people learning to love people like Nephi and his family. It's a lot like having these really cool friends you've known forever (Nephi, Sam, etc.) and your new friend (Nancy) is getting to know them too. It's just a real happy thing. 

Q: Is there anyone else you've been teaching? 
A: We continue to teach Johnny, who is the husband of our sweet member friend Sarah. HE RULES. And has come to church two consecutive times and I just love him dearly. He's shy as they come, but just opened up to Hermana Clark and I for some reason and there's no going back. We're going to put him on date for baptism this week! Also other humans. Our miracle baby Kiara continues to be awesome and also continues to work on Sundays so we're just praying and having faith and loving her. 

Now to the goods.
This week was good and bad, happy and sad, bitter and sweet. I've gained a much stronger appreciation for Eve (was that even possible?) as I realize what it takes to choose something super important (the well being and happiness of my companion) over something of almost equal importance (working 'til we drop, finding new investigators, etc.) The Lord really does ask us to sacrifice good things to reach higher and be better, and that's where we are right now. I am sacrificing to become like Him, little by little, and that's really neat that He loves me enough to want me to become like Him. I don't know, He hasn't given up on me yet, because He's still working on making me better. If you feel like you're going through super rough trials and don't know why, if you're doing everything you can to be good and live the gospel, just know that The Lord just wants you to become more like Him. He cares enough about YOU to know that YOU have potential to become a super Christlike human. And oftentimes that path takes us right through the refiners fire. 

Okay, I'm completely out of time. Just know that, yes, we did get a gun pulled on us contacting less actives from the ward roster. And, yes I did pray to have a miracle and THE LORD LET US RIGHT INTO THE CRYING ARMS OF OUR FORMER INVESTIGATOR BREANNA. He always leads us to her when she is struggling. It's so beautiful to see his hand so perfectly placing right in her path when we are just going about doing ordinary things.  He really is a God of MIRACLES and he wants nothing more than to grant us according to our desires.  He wants to give us every single good gift.

I lot the Lord, he buoys me up every single second!  I love the gospel, it really is our road map to super joyful happiness and I LOVE the opportunity I have to share it here with all these incredible humans!  And, like of course I love all of y'all.  Keep on keeping on!  La vida es buena, no es important las cosas que pasan en nuestras visas, El todavia esta con nosotros.

PS--I'm the biggest blubbering baby at meetings with other missionaries.  Like, at EVERY meeting.  I cried the entire zone meeting through.  The elders and sisters seriously think I'm nuts, BUT I'M A MISSIONARY AND IT'S SO COOL AND I'M SO GRATEFUL! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment