Monday, January 26, 2015

Letter #21 01/26/15



In the poetic words I just accidentally read off my companion's computer screen, this week.. happened. Haha, The Lord works in such a completely interesting way and ya know, things didn't really get better this week. But in the process of still struggling, I have learned and felt so much. The Lord has been so merciful in allowing me to feel this way in order to learn more about His way. I was reading in D&C about how the Savior grew to become who He was grace by grace, and that has just stuck with me this week as I feel like it's only the tiny tender mercies and the grace of God that's keeping me from either curling up in a ball or like throwing something at a wall. Or just getting impatient with my companion. 

So here, I will compile a list of tender mercies/evidences of the Lord's grace that we've seen this week:

-Although it's often easy to forget amidst the trial and turmoil of the day to day, we have a beautiful human named Nancy on date for baptism! She is still so neat and we made her a baptismal calendar (my first) which I felt was like a cool little mission milestone. She's set on date for the 21st of February and she is such an elect human. I feel honored that we got to find her and answer the questions she's been carrying her whole life. It is through the Church of Jesus Christ, the restored gospel, that we find the answers to every question of the soul.

-I was having the worst day, complete void of desire to serve or love or anything, and God gave me rain. And then, after the rain, it was that magnificent, clear, twinkly, sunny beauty that just makes everything glow and look extra neat and I was just blown away. Like, I couldn't get over it. Every house was the most spectacular piece of architecture and I was just done for. Haha. Then we visited a house and they were playing One Direction inside as we waiting at the door and that was just really fun.

-We helped in sharing time this week and we had to draw these different ways we can show our love for Heavenly Father on the board so that the kids could guess them. So you break it down word by word, and I was trying to draw the word "nice", but couldn't figure out how.. so I just started drawing this asian lady eating 'rice' thinking that they might guess it from that, then I drew some noodles like trying to have them combine the two foods to make the word and it went on for like 5 straight minutes and one of the kids blurts out a guess of.. "We can.. be culturally sensitive!" and I was done for, haha. Mind you he's like 10. God wants us to smile and be happy amidst the hard times. He LOVES us. And he will give us happy beautiful miracles if we're only willing to look. 

Everyone do me a favor and watch, "Good Things to Come" by Elder Holland.. it's saved my life this week. 

"Don’t give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it—30 years of it now, and still counting. You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”

Because of Jesus Christ, and through living His gospel, we really can trust in His promise that good things WILL come. There's always light ahead when we're sharing this message completely full of hope. 

#haybuenascosaquevengan

Sending so much love your way from the big VA. 

Hermana Yost


No comments:

Post a Comment