Monday, January 12, 2015

Letter #19 01/12/15

SO, just like any scripture verse, you can get at least 40 different meanings out of the subject of this email. 
First, things have been going pretty well here in La Rama Burkeville. It's absolutely nuts to look back on how things were when I first arrived here to how it is now. WHOA. Heavenly Father loves us so much, he wants to help us. Areas can change, we can change, our lives can change through him. 
Secondly, our investigator Donna told us the other day that we (Hma Clark and I) work really well together because I'm the sappy one and she's the good teacher.. uh, thanks? #sapsforlife 
Third, CHANGE. So, we got the transfer call.. and the verdict is.. I'm staying here in good ol' Burkeville, and Hermana Clark is out. So tomorrow I find out who my new comp is! The other companionship serving here in the branch are both leaving, so I guess I will be 'leading the area'.. I'm a small bit terrified, but that's life. #relyingonTheLord

Okay, so i'm trying to send photos today, per momma's request, so I'll just tell you about a few cool milagros (miracles)..

One time, I was way sick. And feeling like death. And being a tiny bit dramatic and just not feeling the work. The Lord said that it was okay to rest for a bit, so I took a tiny nap. Afterward I felt a TON better, and we went out. We decided to go to the library to print off talks for a few of our investigators. As we were walking in, we saw a girl named B. We had met her at the library previously, but we just gave her a card. But at this moment she was not okay. I guess she'd had an anxiety attack at work, and was just really struggling. We were talking to her and I had the thought that we should take her in and show her the "Come Unto Christ" music video. We did, and it was INCREDIBLE. She broke down, we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit was SO strong. We set her on date for baptism and she's just so awesome. She wants to change, she wants to come unto Christ, it was such a miracle and I know we were supposed to be at the library at that time. God's timing is perfect!

ALSO.. WE HAD A HISPANIC AT CHURCH. Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat. Such a miracle! Remember L? He was the miracle guy that felt prompted to come talk to us and was so prepared.. and we had totally lost him. We thought he moved, and were so bummed. BUT. Saturday night after transfers, we sent out a huge mass text telling everyone that it was Hma Clark's last week and that we'd love to see them all at church.. haha. And he called us back! He wanted to come! It was so awesome. So we got him there, and it was just incredible. During SundaySchool time we had an awesome member present a lesson with him in the relief society room and the spirit was so so powerful. He cried, and the branch just jumped on him. They all fellowshipped, even though they can't speak Spanish. And in Branch Council, the branch was talking about maybe starting a thing where we could have half the talks in english and half in spanish, like general conference! So cool! The branch is prepared now, and I KNOW that we will see miracles this transfer. I'm so stoked and grateful and happy to be staying. 

Heavenly Father hears our prayers! He grants us blessings according to our desires! He WANTS us to be happy! 

Love y'all so much. 

<3 Hermana Yost

Odd's and End's-

+ Thank you so so so much to all the wonderful humans that sent me things for Christmas. Thank you cards are coming SOON, but really.. I'm SO grateful. And blessed. LOVE. 
+ I have been feeling down in the dumps for real about my spanish, and we just visited a former investigator from the beginning of my time here last night and she said that my spanish has improved a ton! What? It is only by the grace of God that someone's spanish can improve in a place like Burkeville.
+ Okay, ran completely out of time for pics.. NEXT WEEK WILL BE A photograph gold mine, les prometo!

No comments:

Post a Comment