Monday, February 23, 2015

Letter #25 02/23/15



#letsbecomps #plspresident   Becca with Hermana Amber Powell from good ole Riverton.
Another day, another dawn......Sometimes in life, your email day gets pushed back to Thursday and you find yourself back in the chair of the library computer desk a lot sooner than usual. Definitely not complaining, email time is like Christmas when you have weeks where you just miss your mom, haha. But I'm trying to think of all the things that have happened in the last four days.

Like, okay, who am I kidding.. there's something that's taking over all of my thoughts and I can't think of anything else so we'll just cut straight to the chase and say that WE SAW THE COOLEST MIRACLE EVER. Okay, maybe not ever.. but like, maybe ever! It was just really happy. SO last Tuesday, our everything-but-emailing pday, the Watts Family took us to Dollar General, right? And whilst going about our business, shopping and browsing and all the good stuff, I see this lady and her daughter. I smile, feel like we should talk to them, but then they walk away and i'm like, 'ah.. uh..' and Hermana T is way down the aisle so I catch up with her. But then, we meet back up with them (Jackie and Mckenzie) in the school supply aisle and I immediately bond with the daughter over all the cool duct tape. We chat until it turns to the gospel and they give us their info so that we can come teach them. 
SOOOOO. Fast forward to Saturday night. It's transfer calls, so in my heart I'm anxiously awaiting one because the Sister Training Leader's kind of made it sound like I was getting transferred, and so many things had gone south last week that I was just sure Heavenly Father was preparing me to leave. But, of course, we the work continues as normal so we're like, "Hey! Let's go visit Jackie!" so we do. We pull into their driveway and her husband, Ronny, comes out and we start chatting. They'd been in Richmond all day, so they asked if we could schedule for next Saturday. We continue to chat, and pretty soon the whole family (Ronny, Jackie and three kids) + 4 dogs and a bottle fed baby goat that thinks it's a dog are all chilling (literally.. brrr) on the porch chatting with us. Eventually, they're just like, 'What the heck, come in' and we teach them the restortation. It was INCREDIBLE. The spirit was so strong, they are all so open, the kids are incredibly intelligent and interested and Ronny started crying as he talked about losing his son and never being able to find answers. THE RESTORED GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS THE ANSWER. They invited us to come back the very next day and they just rule. 
And I remember being in that lesson with them and just thinking, "I will be SO sad if we get a call. I want to stay! These people are the answer to every prayer. I've been praying, hoping and wishing with everything I have to find a family to teach!" 

Needless to say, God knows us. He knew that I would need a miracle to not curl into a ball and cry when I didn't get a call. He let's us go through weeks that feel like the worst thing ever ever right before something AWESOME comes (like a super prepared family!) I dunno, it was just awesome, okay? 

And I've taken 40 years typing every detail of this experience, so I best be on my way. SO MUCH LOVE.

Odd's and end's:

*Church was cancelled this Sunday.. it was 50 degress and sunny. #Virginiathough
I love Hma Flitt more than anything! #mtcbabies

No comments:

Post a Comment