Monday, March 23, 2015

Letter #28 03/23/15





I'm just really happy, today. Life is goodgoodgoodgoodgood. I've just learned SO much this week and really feel like I've been changed on the inside. Life is always gonna be hard, and throw those little baby curveballs at us, but as we keep going and ESPECIALLY as we keep going arm in arm with Our Savior, we can do it.

Basically, it all started on Tuesday morning. We had exchanges with our Sister Training Leader's at 11:45, but had to go to Walmart to get some things for the single adult activity that night. While walking through Walmart, I made super deep, real eye contact with two of the saddest looking Hispanics I've ever seen and.. didn't talk to them. Just didn't do it. I don't know if I was scared or what, but I walked out of the store easily feeling like the most terrible human/missionary that ever lived. That's something I've really struggled with like my entire mission, not feeling like I can measure up to the human I feel like God expects me to be. Ah. So, we exchange and I got the wonderful privilege of going with Sister Johns whom I love dearly to her area. A part of which is the wonderful, gloriously beautiful town of Dumfries, VA. Okay, you have to laugh. Pls. Isn't that the funniest thing ever?

Okay.. maybe not. BUT. Anyways, we stopped at their apartment to grab something for a lesson, and I went to the bathroom. After I closed the door I just prayed super hard to my Heavenly Father like, PLEASE I want to do thy will, I want to talk to everyone, I want to feel happy and successful in your service but I obviously can't do it on my own. And I knew that He would help me. I exit the bathroom go into the kitchen and immediately see this quote from cute President Hinckley on their wall..

DO WHAT YOU CAN DO

Rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know how. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass

And everything changed. I went out, and just WENT for it.. and I had one of the happiest days I have ever had on my mission. 

I know that the Lord does not want us to feel discouraged. I know that!

"It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines”

He is ALWAYS there. We saw so many miracles and happy times this week and I KNOW that His purpose for us is to have JOY. 

And we find that by living the gospel. He's incredible. Life is incredible. He wants us to feel and become INCREDIBLE! And we can, through Him. 

SO much love.

<3 Hermana Yost





No comments:

Post a Comment