Monday, July 20, 2015

Letter #41 07/20/15

Save the drama for your momma......or the missionaries.  AKA sassy black twins and property managers. :)

My poor companion. Haha, the week she was born was quite easily the most miraculous week of my entire mission, so naturally.. these last two weeks of the normal missionary life have been really hard on her. There's something awful in the air here in Virginia, like we have knocked probably 3000 doors with like 5 people that will actually allow us to talk and 2/5 are actually interested. Haha, what? But it's also kind of neat because I think sometimes God talks to us with things like that. Like, every time another door closed on us a little voice within was just like, "Hermana Yost.. is this what I want for you and Sister McNeely and this area? You've gotta go a different route.." so I've been mulling that one over in my head/heart and then the prayers were answered with our AWESOME assistant ward mission leader Brother Perkins inviting us over to his house to work on this HUGE map of our area/part member families/I'm SO excited about it. We can just feel the peace that comes from knowing that your starting on the road that the Lord wants you on. 
Happy one month to the cute little babe!  I mean she bought her own sandwiches with her own gift card to celebrate the occasion, but I took the selfie so I think I'm still a good mom. :)

BUT on to more important/dramatic events. I don't know what's happened with my life. It's like i've been completely removed from any and all Hispanic culture and have been dropped in the middle of the world of "oh no she didn't!" and "y'all best be careful, ya hear?" .. I don't know. Like, I said, "y'all" to president over the phone yesterday and he was not well pleased.. hahah. I can mostly help it when I'm emerged in Spanish world, but it's become a prominent part of my vocabulary once again. I'm trying. 

Drama/Miracle #1: K. Oh, K. She is so awesome! She is such a beautiful seeker of truth also has met with missionaries for a while ALSO came to church for the first time yesterday YAY! :) But, her personal life has become this crazy mess since we came back into the picture. Basically, there's just this ongoing feud with the property manager, G. And a few other crazy neighbors. And she spares NO details so.. we have to plan like 20 minutes into our lessons to get it all out. It's a straight up soap opera. BUT miracle part. So, Sister McNeely has this feeling we should go over and visit K one evening before a lesson.. we go and there has been LOTS of drama the entire day and then we were there to console her and keep her from getting deeper into the drama of Treesdale Park. I wish I could describe it all for you BUT keep it in your little brains for post mish story time. Also when Sis McNeely and I get super famous from the telenovela we're going to create out of it all you'll know.

Drama/Miracle #2: S, dear S. So beautiful. Don't know how much I've talked about her but she is AWESOME. We went to visit Saturday night cause our appointment on Thursday cancelled. We had just gotten settled in when we get word that her twin sister T is coming over! T has met with missionaries previously, been close to baptism twice, and is an incredibly interesting human! We got to have a lesson with them both and hear Sbear testimony after testimony of things we've taught her to help her sister with her doubts and things. It was magical! Then we left and S committed to coming to church but also said that they were going to quote unquote 'sip on the yak' also known as drink that night.. uh, okay.. babysteps? But then when we went to make sure they were up for church, S told us that last night she poured a glass, looked down at it and said, "I'm going to CHURCH!" and poured it out. Needless to say, we're in love.

J's once again MIA. We're sad. But he'll show up soon.. Heavenly Father loves Him so much!

This week was crazy but ended on such a beautiful note. Even a high counsel sacrament meeting full of testimonies from trek youth couldn't dampen the spirit of church for our ladies. We love them!

Missions are neat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment