Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Letter #72 02/22/16

THIS WEEK, though. I know I say this all the time, but wow. It's just
that our weeks as of late are absolutely insane, meaning that they
pass in the blink of an eye and also feel like three years long. I am
grateful and grateful and happy and so grateful. Heavenly Father has
just made my mission so wonderful. I found myself just a little bit
overwhelmed and anxious and worried after sacrament meeting yesterday,
not really sure why. Sometimes it's really easy to feel like things
are all you. Like there's this stress of the salvation of every human
in the area resting on your shoulders that just makes things hard when
they don't come to church or when they're not recognizing an answer or
the need for an answer. So we got to Gospel Principles class and I was
feeling it. We talked about prayer and watched this video with one of
the classic stories about a lady in New York that prayed for
missionaries and then they knocked on her door. The spirit was strong
as I remembered all of the miracles I have been blessed to see on my
mission. Afterwards, cute Hermana Perla shared her testimony of our
miracle and.. I was done for. I am so grateful.

Quick neat miracle, last night we were just driving through the dark,
foggy Mancha. It was pouring rain, and we're both pretty sick so as we
park we were just like- Satan, stop! Haha, we were going to leave when
we felt like we should pay a visit to a random investigator that we
hadn't seen for a long time. As we parked, we were just like, with the
way we feel right now.. obviously something neat is about to happen
because Satan is working, haha. We get out of the car and start
walking up to the apartment complex when we see this guy talking on
the phone. We go and talk to him and.. It was just the strangest
experience. He was surrounded by this incredible spirit and had such a
light in his eyes. He was so receptive and we set up a return
appointment for today. We were like, do you know you're the miracle we
were expecting to see? And he was like, yeah.. I was in that noisy
place (huge party going on in the apartment next door) but came out to
take the call. No coincidences, obviously. After our little lesson
with him, we went to knock on the door of the investigator upstairs
and.. Nothing. We walked back to the car, and it was just the
strangest feeling.. I felt like there was literally an outside force,
the hand of the Lord, that had placed us there and was walking us back
to the car.

God is SO good. He is our master. It's the neatest thing to be serving
Him. I'm excited to do it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment