Thursday, February 18, 2016

Letter #71 02/18/16

So there was a glitch with my ldsmail.net aka I sent all these emails the other day.. president gave us permission to email again! Loves all around.


Best Valentine's present ever!  President Wilson called us to ask if he could meet us at the church yesterday
which isn't the most abnormal thing because we visit lots but....then out popped Sister Johns and
Sister Seegmiller from his car and I couldn't handle!  Love them so so so mucho!


I've only ever met sweet Hermana Stapley through members who loved her and
old teaching records that she wrote, but it was friendship at first sight!



Okay, this week as absolutely nuts. Like an emotional roller coaster of the highest highs and some pretty low lows. I realize that I'm turning into an old lady missionary, because the things that are really exciting like weddings and baptisms (eek! ) are so exciting until the next day when I'm literally so sore and dead tired. Hahah, we are absolutely so blessed though. We felt like secret agents of the Lord Jesus Christ as we were working and praying and hoping around the clock for a miracle with Le- that he would have the desire to be baptized with his future wife. He was just so so close and has changed and progressed SO much whoa. Anyways, we had a Noche de Hogar with El and Le in the home of the Ramos Family. They are basically just the most rockin' members the world has ever known. They call people to repentance like nobody's business and are REALLY bold. Like, really. And I love them so much and the whole night was PERFECT for them. We talked a lot about the temple and they have such a desire to be a forever family. The spirit was really neat. 

The next day, we talked about his desires, how he feels about everything. 
And the words from his mouth were, 

"I'm not the same person I was before.. I know I can do it." 

And I cried and it was the neat neatest thing! The Romero's are a complete miracle family. The week progressed and things got CRAZY because- wedding planning, am I right? I never knew.. Haha. And things went wrong and really loco and Hermana Draper and I would just look at each other and be like, 'were two random girls, all the way across the country, planning a wedding and we have no clue what we're doing and- this is the weirdest thing ever'. One of those moments where you realize how absolutely bizarre the missionary life really is. Anyways, the craziness continued all the way up until they said "I do", so the stars just didn't align for Le to truly be prepared for baptism. It was still such a magical experience, though, to see them marry, and to see him watch her be baptized. It was such a sweet night, even though we were up to our ears in the stresses, we couldn't help but feel so so so blessed. And the entire environment of their home has changed- El is a completely different mother, daughter, person. Ah, I love them!

Next up we have Jo and Es. Oh baby, I love them so much and my heart has just been wrenched in a million different ways seeing them struggle and waver in their faith. It really has been such a unique experience to feel a little tiny portion of the way that Heavenly Father feels when we go through difficult things, when we lose faith and trust in Him. I didn't lose faith in them, in their desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ, and I surely didn't lose faith in my Heavenly Father and His ability to change hearts and lives and help things to happen. But looking into their ojos desanimados, testifying with every fiber of my being, I couldn't help but feel like we had tried our best and that maybe we would just have to let go for now. 

But then, yesterday, a few of the brothers from the ward went over to talk with them and to give little Ad, their son, a blessing. (He had to go to the hospital because of this crazy virus that he's been batting the past week..) We knew they were heading over and were praying that Jo and Es would feel the spirit and- afterwards, we got a text from Hermano Molina that the wedding was officially on for this weekend and that everything was good! What?! It was so so incredible. We went over pretty soon after for a lesson and brought El as a member present. She shared her whole experience of struggling hardcore before it all went through and just how she felt after she was baptized. It changed their world and the spirit was so strong. 

One thing she said really touched me. She said that, as she was baptized, she felt as if Christ was telling her that everything was going to be okay.. That he was going to help her to carry her burdens. And the Savior's voice from Matthew 11:28-30 came to my mind:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

And that's exactly what happens as we come unto Him. Yoked to him, we still have burdens, but he helps us to carry them. He carries us. I am so grateful for a Savior. This past little bit of my mission, I have felt more strongly than ever before my need for Him and His strength. We can do little on our own, but we can do all things through Him. I am so grateful to be a missionary. The Lord's hand is so evident in all of the beautiful things that happen each day. I know that prayer is real. That God is always listening and he works miracles through monster faith. Even when our faith doesn't feel too monstrous, he works miracles in our lives because of His love for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment