Thursday, October 22, 2015

Letter #54 10/19/15

Waynesboro Zone Conference.

They were all wearing pink in support of their sweet
mission mom who was just diagnosed with breast cancer.
This transfer has been one of refining and molding and all those good
things that make you stretch and cry but also sing. I am grateful for
a companion who teaches me so much and for the 'current bush'
experiences of our lives. Through them, I've been able to have the
sweetest experiences with my Heavenly Father. I have felt His love so
hard and just felt that He knows me so perfectly. He knows my
struggles, He knows my weaknesses but He also knows that I'm trying.

We also got to attend the funeral of one of the sweet old sisters,
Bea, in the ward. Hermana Stice and McNeely performed a beautiful
musical number and Sister Tibbitts and I got to sit and bask in the
spirit. I just cried and cried. The spirit was so sweet and I feel
like this testimony of the plan of salvation and of God's eternal love
and the reality of forever families I've gained on my mission just hit
me real hard. We were invited to "Be a little bit more like Bea",
which basically just means to be like Jesus Christ. I want to become
that person where a plan to become like them is just one step closer
to our savior.

ALSO I can't remember anything that happened this week, but I do
remember yesterday because it was such a blessing. We are teaching
this family, the N's. They've been taught by missionaries for
over a year, but they've just had some struggles. M, the dad,
faces lots of family opposition, I dunno. The mom, S, is SO
stalwart and has been coming to church with the girls consistently,
regardless of what her husband desires. We've been feeling this past
week that she needs to move forward and be baptized as the example for
her family, but forever families have just been a really important
element for them, so it's hard. We were having a lesson last night,
talking about a fast that we all did for Brother N. The spirit
was so strong as she talked about the little changes she's seen, even
in the last week. Throughout the whole lesson, the spirit was just
urging me SO strongly to ask if she's thought about being baptized by
herself.. Like, I haven't felt that heart thumping, do it now or
you'll regret it forever prompting for a while. So I just asked and
the spirit filled the room. She gave the sweetest prayer ever asking
for guidance and I'm pretty sure she'll be baptized soon! Heavenly
father is so good.

Things are going well! I'm grateful to be a missionary.  It really
is the happiest place on earth, the mission life. And I love y'all so
mucho!


No comments:

Post a Comment