Monday, October 5, 2015

Letter #52 10/05/15


FRIENDS. FAMILY. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE HUMAN FAMILY.

This week RULED.

Like, I can't even explain all of the changes that have taken place in my heart. 

For starters, our mission has a tradition that, during the week leading up to the October General Conference, we do a "Book of Mormon Read-a-thon" sorta thing. So, literally. We just read. Keep appointments we've already scheduled, but other than that. Just reading straight through the Book of Mormon. I finished this morning, and- whoa. 

THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE. 

It was incredible to me that, each time I would pick up the Book of Mormon, no matter where I was, I would find an answer. Or the spirit would prick my heart and let me know something I need to do better, or just that God loves me. I learned struggles to stay to true to what we know are not new. I learned that God's promises are SURE and that He does follow through. I learned that when we keep the commandments, we prosper in the land. I was touched by the fact that Jesus Christ really did suffer and die for us. I was reminded that we are never alone and that, no matter how hard it is, when we trust in God ALL things work together for our good. And I was completely blown away by the beautiful truth that THE GOSPEL HAS BEEN RESTORED. And even those things we can't understand with our heads don't matter because we feel them in our hearts. 

I am a witness that if we truly desire to gain faith, we can. 

I have been thinking back to my pre-mission trials of faith a lot lately, especially as conference was so focused on enduring to the end in faith. I know that the spirit is real. I know that Satan is real, and that doubts are real, but that the SPIRIT can change us in ways that nothing else can. I know that if we trust God and just keep on keeping on, with faith to act and live and love as He would have us do, we can all get to a point where without any doubt we can say that these things are true.

Speaking of conference, WHOA x 3,000. Heavenly Father spoke directly to me. We have been struggling a little bit with starting up the Spanish area here again. And I know it was only because of my faithlessness. I was so grateful for all of the times that, through the words of His servants, Heavenly Father invited us to trust Him wholeheartedly and just do good things

So, I decided to do it. We left General Conference and went to teach a lesson.. they weren't home, but the other guys that live with them were. They invited us in and we began to teach them. IT WAS NUTS TOWN. We all shared our testimonies of God's love for us and the spirit was TANGIBLE as we testified of the atonement and His gospel plan, restored to the earth. Like, I can't even tell you. It was incredible. I trusted in God and words came out of my mouth that I didn't even know I could say. 

All in all, this scramble of words basically just means that I know this is real, guys. I know that God loves us. His spirit changes our hearts and helps us to do the hard things that we can't do on our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment