Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Letter #35 06/08/15

Well, hello friends!

 Emailing has been crazy today because I was trying so hard to figure out how to use technology again (ie: IPADS) but eventually was forced to give up as I realized the alotted 1.5 hours was not gonna cut it as I plucked away at the screen, autocorrect becoming my worst enemy. Haha, the struggle is realer than real. BUT the iPads have been such a blessing this week! Studies are HEAVENLY with the entire gospel library at our fingertips. I have realized how little I actually used this wonderful tool before the mission and in turn, realized the great need to repent. 

And, as we find in Mosiah 18:20

Yea, even he commanded them that they should preach nothing save it were repentance and faith on the Lord, who had redeemed his people.

..my purpose as a missionary is to call people to repentance. So, don't you wait another second! Download the gospel library app and watch the spirit flow right into your lives! Haha, it's a dream. My favs of the moment are. 



And, from the looks of the favorites of the moment, the journey to understanding the grace and mercy and forgiveness and understanding of God continues. It's so interesting, sometimes your battle really is against the self that you know you are but don't want to be. I continue to be grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who understand us and our challenges.

One crazy hard thing that happened this week, we ran into easily the most anti human I have ever met. This whole morning/afternoon of tracting had just really been hitting us hard as quite literally EVERY human wanted nothing to do with the restored gospel or any of that jazz. And then we knocked on this door and he just started tearing us apart. We would try to testify, and he just knocked us down. I knew it was the adversary working as he so pointedly, almost off topically, mentioned certain things I have really struggled with through my life. As we left him, we stopped to say a prayer. I cried through the whole prayer. As we walked away, there was a nice tree that was split from the trunk. I looked at Hermana Beckstead and said, "Okay, Hermana. I walk through this tree and forget everything that ever happened.." and then I did. Haha, it kinda worked too! She thinks i'm nuts. Heavenly Father is good to us. As the day went on, he blessed us with tender mercies and showed us he really was there. It also gave me some time to reflect on my testimony. I know this is the truest thing that ever was! There is such a unique difference you can feel. The spirit just tells you. 

Miracles this week, too! SO yesterday we went back to teach this nice fellow, C. We had quickly taught him the Sunday before, showed him the Because He Lives video, but it was kind of an "eh, so-so.. I work a lot so I don't know if I have time to come unto Christ" sort of thing. Before leaving, we committed him to read The Resoration Pamphlet and pray about it. As we began to teach him (and his sister! :) yesterday, he told us that as he read the pamphlet, he remembered something from when he was like 10 years old back in Honduras. Missionaries had visited his house and left a pamphlet with the testimony of Joseph Smith! He had read it and had been really interested. This lesson was totally different. He willingly responded to the baptismal invite and there was just something different about him. It was incredible to see that the Holy Ghost really does bring things to our remembrance, and in doing so, helps us on our way. 

I am so grateful for this time I have to truly be molded by the master! He views us with the eyes of who we can BECOME. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to truly become something. And we all do. It's neat! 

Okay, so much love! :)

Hermana Yost

Odds and ends:

+ Someone we taught this week told us that, as she understood it, the word "mormon" just meant any missionary that ever knocked on your door in Honduras. She didn't even know that was the nickname of the church, hahahah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment