Monday, November 30, 2015

Letter #60 11/30/15


We ate outside and rolled in the leaves and just had a really happy time.
#turkeyandtacos (......Literally......I love Hispanics)

Add caption


Okay, first off can I just say that Heavenly Father is literally THE GREATEST. I just can't even tell you how filled to the brim with gratitude I have been this past week. 

First things first, my mission president completely ruined the surprise, so don't feel bad for telling me before Christmas.. Haha. I guess Sister Wilson happened upon the excitement plastered all over facebook, so President Wilson called. He asked, "Do you want me to tell you where your brother is going or do you want to wait til Monday?" Obviously I jumped right on that and we hurriedly rushed outside the library we were at so we could talk more excitedly on the phone. He told us that he received his call to serve in Latvia.. My reaction was, "Is that even a real place..?" He said, "Of course it is" so we just believed him. Hahah, casi.. When he told us it was near Russia I was like, "Heavenly Father knows Devin SO perfectly!" and when he told me that Dev isn't leaving 'til the 30th, I started crying and was reminded that Heavenly Father also knows ME personally. I have been so touched, over and over and OVER again on my mission that Heavenly Father KNOWS us. It's like, the number one thing I have learned and I'm grateful for that knowledge. 
All the Hermanas in our house and their mission guesses for Dev....#fail
Hermana Howard deserves some sort of prize for Germany though.

Lunch with President Wilson


This week was definitely an emotional roller coaster. Like, whoa. First off, we ate some bad soup.. I mean, it was really GOOD soup, but.. it about killed both of my companions. Not sure what happened, but they were out. And I was left unto myself and it only destroyed me a tiny bit, haha. THEN Satan just hit our investigators with all sorts of crazy darts. Pray for J and E and for El. They are so close and it just reminds me of the experience of Joseph Smith. As He knelt down in the grove, Satan knew it was His last chance. He was enveloped by the thick darkness and in the very moment that He was about to give up, the light came. I know that as we just keep on keeping on, even when it's hard or things don't make sense or we feel alone, the blessings will flow. 

ALSO. Miracle of the century! On Sunday morning, we headed home quick after our coordination meeting to eat so we didn't die. The other Hermana's called us on our way back and said that they had an investigator waiting for us at the church.. uh, what? When we got to the chapel, we met G. He is GOLDEN. He has been investigating for three weeks in the Henrico branch, then found out that He actually lives in our area. He is just full of light and ready to go! He came to church, the baptism after church and the stake Christmas fireside.. I WAS DYING. We'll keep you posted on it all but he is so wonderful. It was just neat to see the Lord's hand working in real time. Heavenly Father sees our efforts and sends us beautiful blessings. I'm so grateful. Plus he's the cutest old Bolivian man and I LOVE BOLIVIANOS! So yay. :) 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH. ALL of you. <3 Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment