Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Letter #57 11/09/15

Mis nuevas companeras! :)


OKAY. Drumroll please. Guess where I am just guess...!

Hahah, okay you don't have to guess, but I will just say that I have spent the last few weeks of the mission swooning over stories of Chesterfield and dreaming of serving there and.. Heavenly Father has every intention of fulfilling our righteous desires and dreams, I'm sure of it! It reminds me of something one of our members, Alex, said last night in a lesson with our sweet investigators J and Es. They are completely ready to be baptized, they just need to get married. We were talking about a day this week we could go to the courthouse to complete the paperwork for their marriage license, and they were talking about just how strict Jorge's boss is and that they didn't know how they were going to get work off to both be able to go. After raising the concern, Alex was like, "Do you want to get married? Do you believe the Lord can bring to pass a miracle in your life?" And they were like.. Yeah.. and he was like, "okay! Then you'll get work off and you'll get married and baptized." And the spirit just bore witness to my heart that- yeah. That's right. Heavenly Father CARES. And He will help us. So we set a faith filled appointment to go to the courthouse on Tuesday morning, then they called us late last night and told us that he got work off this morning. Sometimes Heavenly Father is so incredible in answering our prayers so fast. So, we got the license all figured out this morning and I GET TO ATTEND A BEAUTIFUL HISPANIC WEDDING. It's fun get dropped right into the third quarter of the most beautiful conversion story ever. They are just the sweetest, most prepared humans and I'm so grateful to get to know them. 

Speaking of.. something that is so weird is that, from the moment I entered el barrio de Chesterfield, EVERYONE has looked super familiar to me. And all of the investigators that we are teaching, it's like I know them from somewhere. I don't know how to explain it, but it's super weirding me out. Actually, it's not weirding me out, because Heavenly Father's plan is so perfect. I have struggled a lot this week, but I have learned SO much. I've been blessed so much to be put in this beautiful ward, to get to serve as an STL with Hermana Gonzalez, who, by the way is like the most perfect human in the whole world, teaches like a pro and can express every feeling of her heart in spanish. (Curse that mexican heritage- SO jealous) and HERMANA POWELL! It's like the high school world and the mission world have collided, haha. Love it! They are both so incredibly wonderful. And, with that, I have been bombarded with TONS of feelings of inadequacy. And it's been so silly, but so real. And I've been praying lots and Heavenly Father is SO good. Yesterday was the most amazing day, getting to know everyone at church and just these little moments where, as I tried my very best to give everything over to the Lord, He blessed me to do the things I couldn't do. And I am grateful and learning and STOKED to be serving with two of the most amazing missionaries with all of my pre-earth-life pals here in Chesterfield. I miss everyone back home (Charlottesville, haha) but Heavenly Father is helping me! 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 

La Hermana Yost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment