Monday, December 28, 2015

Letter #63 12/21/15



First night in the field with Sister Draper and also cute sister Ahlstrom who
spent the evening with us before heading back to her home.

I'm getting glasses final answer #Gueryglasses

Saying "hasta luego" to the comps of my suenos. 

So, transfers happened. And.. Hermana Draper is my new companion! Yay,
funny how Heavenly Father so often answers our prayers because I was
just really hoping to be comps with her. She's definitely softened the
blow of losing two of my bestest friend companions to the dreaded
terminal illness 'going home'. We have so much fun together- she best
boxes and I make up silly little songs on the spot and it's mostly
just a good time. ALSO we see miracles! Of course.


Tuesday night after transfers cute Hermana Ahlstrom (one of the
sisters who left this week) spent the evening with us. We ate subway
and they were dying because literally every person that passed outside
the window was Hispanic and I had totally forgotten what it is like to
serve in other places that aren't chesterfield aka little Guatemala.
We are truly blessed! Hermana A wanted to see some people  she knew
when she served here before leaving, so we went to La Mancha. Aka the
super sketchy apartments, right? And I didn't know if we should,
because we never go without a member to accompany us and we hadn't
found anyone, but.. We just felt like we needed to so we did. And it
was SO crazy because I literally had no fear. Like usually it's kind
of spooky and what not, but I could have been walking down the streets
of Riverton, UT for the amount of valor we had. We just talked to
everyone and their dog and everyone we met was randomly way prepared
and wanted to learn and
.. Huh? It was as if Heavenly Father was just like- okay I need to you
here and it's not the best of circumstances because I know we've
talked before about taking members with you but I need you here so,
don't worry.. I've got you! Go!

Another little Milagro, we drove clear out to the boonies because
we're covering two areas at the moment until we figure out how the
areas are going to work, which equals a lot of driving. And then the
less active lady we were visiting wasn't home, so awkward. We got to
meet her cute uncle that's visiting from Guatemala and listen to him
count off all the people in his family that are Mormons, but not him.
It was actually a tender mercy to meet him and hopefully we'll be able
to help him out, but anyways long story short we came back to the
church building early to send some things to sister Wilson. As we're
getting out of the car, we see this guy parked a ways away in the
parking lot.. I was prompted to go talk to him, but then I was like,
eh, I think he's a member.. And I don't know why in my mind that was
an awkward thing- I love members- but yes. We just kept on walking
towards the building. Them from behind I hear the wheels of the truck
start turning and I'm half hoping that its him coming to talk to us
and it was!!! He quite clearing was not a member, said he's just been
kind of church hopping and felt like he should pull into this parking
lot and see if he could find out when the services were.. What?! It
was just the craziest most beautiful thing and so we got him in
contact with the YSA elders here in Richmond and we'll see what
happens but it was so beautiful. I was like, "Do you know what? I had
a really strong spiritual impression to come to your car and talk to
you and I didn't and I'm sorry. And he was like, I had the same
feeling.. And that's why I drove up." Heavenly Father knows. His
timing is perfect!

At the Ward Christmas Party, they made all the missionaries come up
and they gave us gifts and then they would do like a little intro and
then invite us to bear our testimonies of just do whatever. So, in
preparation for my big debu, the relief society president was like,
"this missionary is known at our house as 'lady pantene' because of
her hair etc etc etc..' And I as like, huh?  hahahah, so funny. And
awkward. And, yup. The end.
Lots of other beauties took place this week, but I think it sufficeth
to say that life is good. I'm grateful to be a missionary and for the
sacred time I have to serve the Lord and His children. I'm also
excited for.. Christmas!! I'm so grateful that He was born. I've been
thinking a lot about what it really means. It's incredible to think
that He was born to live a nd lead a perfect life, to go through each
and every struggle, insecurity, pain or heartache that we experience,
and then to die to give us the surety and hope that death truly is not
the end. Grateful doesn't come close to cutting it, but yes. I am. And
for all of you too! Thanks for being my people. 

So many humans I love here in this glorious place. #Christmasfiestaselfies

Guery + babies #HemanoRocha

No comments:

Post a Comment