Wednesday, September 10, 2014

First email from Mexico

Momma! Familia!  I am HERE and holy moly, it has been quite the day.  Flights were fine, my travel pals (Hermana Hansen and Elder Harmer) completely rule and we had some wonderful chats/naps! When we got off the plane in Mexico I way wayyy too stoked and just took the first carry on I saw thinking it was mine---WRONG.  This adorable Mexican man came running after me, taps me on the shoulder and explains that I have his luggage...uh, oh.  So that was that, got quite the bad rap of being a chic loca throughout all the missionaries (there were like 15 of us traveling together, totes #peculiar).

But I'm here at the CCM and it has been wonder/terrifying so far.  Due to torrential downpour rain (flying in was NUTS...so sick..) we are super late and missed tons of good stuff, but the lady is telling me I need to go to dinner so I must go but just know I am so safe and super happy and super trying to speak a language I do not know and SUPER loving it! Also--cute Hermana Flitton,the girl that was getting out of the car at the same time as us, is my companera!  I'm so excited and I always sort of knew she would be and she's just so sweet.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  Don't cry too much, Mexico is magnificently gorgeous and colorful and I was in love/almost crying for the duration of our crazy bus ride (when I wasn't cat napping).

Once again, LOVESSS to all!  My P day is Tuesday so get excited for that!

Love, Hermana Yost


Here is a picture of Becca and her companion Hermana Flitton that I took at the airport.  They are going to the same mission and recognized each other from a Sister missionary page that they were both on and they were even color coordinated! :)   Beccca also knew a girl from Snow College that was flying down with her too.  It's a small world.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun way to stay up on what she is doing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete