Sunday, September 13, 2015

Letter #48 9/07/15




Okay, okay. First things first.

1) If anyone noticed, my email two weeks ago was horrid. Aka dictating the thoughts and feelings of your heart through Siri is just not a good idea. #iPadfail

2) The mission has turned me into a weird human. I never thought I would become a weird human, but alas. I think, overtime, it's real easy to forget everything that you did/all the miracles that you have seen/you don't want to bore everyone with the same story over and over again although sometimes you do/emailing just gets hard. And when things get hard, you revert back to the only thing you know.. preaching. Haha, so if you feel that the emails have become awful sermon-y, take heart. I feel the same way. 

But this week, guys. This week may or may not have been the longest/craziest/most emotional week of my entire existence! I dunno. It's something about going from having 9 people on date for baptism to 0 in seven days, not to mention the fact that it's hard when dear friends go through hard times. But, of course, we saw miracles and if anything it's just been a huge wakeup call to God's love. Like, whoa. It's times like these that make me real grateful for the whole, "opposition in all things" thing. He's been good to us, really.

MIRACLE TIME. Get this. So, do you remember the blind couple of a couple of weeks ago? The ones that Sister M and I both felt super prompted to go visit? Welp, we're back in contact with them and THEY ARE SO GREAT. I just love 'em both. On Tuesday, we watched The Restoration video with them and J was like, "As I sit here and listen and pray about it all I just know it's truth". It's been beautiful to see his lost testimony be found again. L, on the other hand, is struggling. As they left the church, she was exposed to a lot of anti-mormon material and it's really been hard for her to get past it. It's crazy to see how the adversary will just twist things, especially over time. But, another beautiful thing is that J has just grown into this BEAUTIFUL missionary human and always shares the neatest analogies with her to help build her faith again. Also, during this lesson, I just felt real prompted to ask again if she was baptized, because we've been having a hard time finding her records, although we've found J's. She was like, "Wait, ya know what.. if I recall, I don't think I was baptized.." Uhhhhhh... WHAT. Haha, so this beautiful less active family turned into a part member family and we've had some neat lessons with them. I'm really excited to continue teaching them and they've accepted us as their honorary daughters and cute Jim was like, "We don't have a lot, but if you two ever run out of toothpaste or anything, don't hesitate to give us a call. We're here for you." And I cried a little. They are literally the sweetest humans. And I just know that it is not a coincidence that Sister McNeely and I are here at this time to help them back. 

Also, S continues to be such a doll. I love her with my whole whole heart. She went through a REALLY tough experience this week where she had to choose between lots of things she holds dear in defense of her faith and in protection of her sweet little family. Obviously, I'm way too emotionally attached to the situation because, whoa. There were lots of tears on Sister McNeely and I's end as we saw the adversary with all his strength, chipping away at the foundation that she has worked so hard to build. She received a very strong answer from God as to what she should do and.. it's sometimes (a lot of the time) scary to follow the will of God when we don't know what the outcome will be. And it led to this huge climax and then.. she let go and let God. And it ALL worked out. I've never seen the Lord's hand so apparent in someone's life. She is a special lady, she is. Chalk another one up for the promise of 1 Nephi 3:7. He really will provide a way. 

He provides. I'm grateful to not be in this alone! This is his work. We, in all reality, are His work. He will make our lives, each situation, into what it needs to be as we try our very hardest to stop fighting the answers we receive and just believe that all will be made right through him.  As we trust in Him with everything, holding nothing back, all will be well. 
Cute Z choosing the right.  (PS she walks around the house belting
the words to, "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and I just cry....
#musictothismissionariesears


S-isms and Z quotes:

+ S: "Ya know those times when you go to the store and buy a bundle of hair?"
   Sister McNeely and I: "Uhhhh..."

+ Cute Z in her prayer: "Please bless that I can have a good day at church tomorrow.. wearin' jeans, walkin' cool.."

+ Us waiting to back Sister McNeely up
          Z: "C'mon sista Mcneely baby, ya gotta get in the cah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment