Monday, April 20, 2015

Letter #31 04/20/15



This week, this WEEK. (Sung to the tune of "This Kiss" by Shania Twain.. not consecrated missionary material at all. #yikes) But really. This week was pretty nuts town crazy.
I didn't keep very good notes (something I've had to start doing because seven months of missionary work just all mash together in my head and I'm losing every ounce of memory that I once had) so I don't have much, but I will tell you about the most recent events, haha.
SO Friday was like, probably, top 4 worst days of my entire mission.. haha. Like, random bummer things had just happened all day, then we had this STELLAR lesson planned for Hermana L (who's still really struggling and it hurts my heart so mucho ): and bishop was coming with us but then right as we both pulled up she cancelled and I was just heartbroken. The adversary is working so hard to keep her from progressing to what we all know will make her the happiest. And then we took bishop to see I and that was just the most intense lesson ever and I just cried the whole way home, feeling so lost.
Then, as I bedtime prayed, Heavenly Father gave me the most beautiful experience.
And the next day, Saturday, was one of the most incredibly rewarding days of all my mission.
There's a object lesson we sometimes do with people where you open up a tea bag and dump all the contents into the garbage can. It ends up forming this little cylinder tube. You balance it on the hand of a brave soul and ask if they trust you. Then you light the top of the tube on fire. As the fire inches it's way down the tube it gets really hot and lots of people move their hand and this ball of fire falls to the ground. But if you just stay still, at the moment the fire was about to hit your hand, the ashes and flame float into the air.
As we go through trials, the times get hot and scary and our first instinct is to move away from the flame and from everything else, to move our hand and to drop it all. But as we trust in our Heavenly Father, He will never let us be burned. As we push through to the very end, we are able to float up and out of any trial we were experiencing with His help. I know that His tender mercies are real. I know that as we are faithful in doing what we can, He makes up the rest. And blesses us to feel His love and light. His promises are real and sure and they are available to every single one of us.
I love Him! And the mission. Sharing this beautiful, hopeful message with everyone we meet is so rewarding. The rewards often come after the hard times, but they come.
Love y'all.
Over and Out, XoXooxoX
<3 Hermana Yost

No comments:

Post a Comment